Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

It's hereeeeee! (And...I am alive!)



Wowza! I am still alive. This blogging, teaching, TPTing, taking 2 graduate level classes after school, etc. all at once is a lot harder than I thought! In any event, tomorrow is a big day. For the next 2 days (December 1st and 2nd) TPT is having a sale. In addition, my entire store is 20% off. That's a 28% savings tomorrow!

Thank you to the 3AM Teacher for the absolutely adorable sale banner. Click on the banner to go to my TPT store!

This year one of my goals was to find better ways to make sure my students were learning sight words. One life saver has been Heidi Songs. I'll reserve that for an entire post because she/it deserves it! Another great, yet slightly less exciting improvement that I've made this year is individual sight word flashcard rings. If you teach first grade and use Storytown this could really save your life. For only $3.00 (and much less for the next two days) you can have this and start implementing it in your classroom the next day.

First Grade Friendly:
*Easy to read font
*Lesson number at the bottom of each card
*Circle on each card showing students where to put the hole punch
*Dotted lines showing where to cut
*Paper saving options

Each week simply print out onto card stock or construction paper in black and white or color for each student. Students cut and hole punch and add to their D-ring. 

I quiz my kiddos every Thursday on their sight words and this has been a tremendous help to them --- practice right at their finger tips!

Happy shopping and I PROMISE to do a better job of blogging! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...