Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Fox In Socks Writing



Happy Read Across America Week! Like most of you out there, our school is celebrating the birth of Dr. Seuss this week. Each day we will be reading a Dr. Seuss book and doing a writing extension with it. Today we read Fox in Socks. I was pretty proud of myself for getting through all of those wild tongue twisters without too much of a hesitation. After, we each decorated our own pair of paper socks and then completed a bubble map describing them. Bubble Maps are one of the eight Thinking Maps. In my opinion they are one of the trickiest for first graders to grasp because you can ONLY write adjectives.

Here is my example and if you'd like this freebie click here to find it in my TPT store!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...